FountainBlue’s When She Speaks Women in Leadership Series was launched in May 2006 and provides ongoing networking and program benefits for 40-150 high tech women and men-who-support-having-women-in-leadership positions across Silicon Valley and beyond. On the second Fridays over lunch provided by our corporate hosts, we profile a panel of women senior executives in high tech companies, speaking on a range of leadership challenges and issues for Silicon Valley high tech women in particular. Our series celebrates women leaders, stimulates critical thinking and conversation around leadership challenges and issues, empowers and inspires all participants, including the next generation of leaders, and builds a proactive, collaborative and supportive leadership community overall. Below are the details for our next upcoming event. Past and upcoming events are listed on our programs page. You can also see a list of upcoming events on our side bar. We hope to see you at an event in the near future!
Friday, June 23, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
eBay Inc., 2025 Hamilton Ave, San Jose, CA 95125
Navigating a Multi-Generational Workforce
Register at www.whenshespeaks.com
Invitation details at https://madmimi.com/p/56c21a
They say the boomers (born before 1963) are more productive and hardworking team players, but they are also less adaptive and less collaborative in general.
They say that Gen X (born 1963-1980) have better managerial skills and are better at revenue generation and problem solving, but they are less cost-effective and have less ‘presence’.
They say that Millennials (born 1980-1996) are more enthusiastic and tech-savvy, entrepreneurial and opportunistic, but they are also more likely to be unproductive and self-absorbed.
Our panel will represent an exec and an millennial from three different companies, sharing their in-the-trenches knowledge about understanding about 1) how differing communication styles can lead to miscommunications and misunderstandings 2) how the myths and stereotypes we have of others in other generations may hamper our assessment of others and how we are perceived by others, as well as well as 3) how the inclinations and leanings of each generation impact the way they think and communicate and act.
- Facilitator Linda Holroyd, CEO, FountainBlue, CMO, 888 Steps
Our Executive Panelists include:
- Panelist Mary Emerton, VP Manufacturing, Nutanix
- Panelist Tiffaney Fox Quintana, Vice President of Marketing, HelloSign
- Panelist Helen Kim, VP of Business Operations, eBay
- Panelist Kerry McCracken, Vice President: Flex Connect, Flex
- Panelist Jennifer T. Miller | Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, Gigamon
Our Millennial Panelists include:
- Panelist Maliena Guy, Senior Product Manager-eBay Search, eBay
- Panelist Amanda Lurie, Business Manager, Leadership Development Program, Flex
- Panelist Nikita Maheshwari, Sr. Product Manager, Nutanix
- Panelist Claire Murdough, Content Marketing Manager, HelloSign
- Panelist Catherine Stevenson, Human Resources Representative, Gigamon
Order your tickets online: $40 for partners, $50 general admission, $150 for corporate passes for up to 5 people for one event, or $300 for 2017 membership, which includes admission to all 2017 When She Speaks events.
complimentary event admission to our December When She Speaks event, plus all Silicon Valley-based 2017 events
Become a 2017 member for $120 and receive a complementary admission to this month’s event!
Please join us in thanking our hosts, corporate partners and sponsors for our When She Speaks series.
Order a Corporate Pass for One Event, or for All 12 Events in 2017
- Corporate Passes for up to 5 people cost $150 for any individual event or $1500 for all 12 events in 2018.
- Companies ordering corporate passes for 2017 may nominate 2-3 VPs or senior director level speakers for any 2017 event.
- Companies who order annual corporate passes may distribute the passes as they see fit for 2017, doubling up with 10 attendees for some months, for example.
- Companies who order Silicon Valley corporate passes may also allocate some passes to attend San Francisco-based quarterly events.
- For more information about corporate passes, or to evaluate whether these events are of interest to your company, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
For more general information:
- Sign up for FountainBlue’s free mailing lists for weekly When She Speaks event invitations or our monthly newsletter on leadership and innovation trends
- Become a FountainBlue Member and Receive a Complementary Pass to This Month’s Event
- Find out more about FountainBlue and our Head-Heart-Hands approach to executive coaching or our Development or Process Management consulting services
Copyrighted 2014-2017 by FountainBlue and all rights are reserved.